Thursday 26 April 2012

Warmachine: Khador vs Mercenaries Game 2

For game 2 we moved the terrain around a bit. I kept my same force Sorcha, Juggernaut, Destroyer & 5 Man-o-War Shocktroopers. Matt changed his force a bit and took Drake MacBain, Mangler, 2 Nomads, and three Steelhead Heavy Cavalry.
 
The table at the start of the game.

My initial set up

We both moved forward to attack with Matt again threatening my right flank, this time with the Steelheads.


Matt used MacBain's abilities to quickly close and charge my Shocktroopers killing two and badly wounding a third. His Steelheads continued to head round my flank. I retaliated by moving Sorcha to a position where i could affect all three of Matt's mechs with my feat which I then popped it. The Juggernaut killed the Nomad facing him. The surviving Shocktroopers did some damage to the Mangler while the Destroyer heavily damaged the other Nomad.


Matt then hit back but didn't have much success. He killed one of the Shocktroopers and left the other with only one box unchecked. He also damaged the Juggernaut but nothing fatal.


On my turn I finished off his mechs and then charged MacBain with Sorcha badly wounding him but sadly missing out on the assassination.


Matt then charged the Steelheads into the rear of my Juggernaut firing before they hit home. This attack left the Juggernaut with only 6 boxes and no cortex. But that mattered little as MacBain proceeded to rip Sorcha to pieces, game over.


All in all a fun night. Matt helped me win one game but won the other so honours even. I'm slowly starting to get the hang of my Khador forces although I have a long way to go to be any good. I certainly prefer the Warmachine approach to Hordes which is strange considering they're the same game! Maybe it's that the Khaor forces suit me more than the Trollbloods I used to have did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...