Friday 11 May 2012

Operation Sea Lion: Letters from Cletus

You probably know WWPD are running a world wide Flames of War Campaign based on a fictional 1944 Axis invasion of Britain. Some of the members of the Exiles Gaming Group, including myself, have decided to play out a narrative campaign about an attack on our home county of Dorset, mainly around the Bournemouth and Poole area. Myself and Adam will be the heroic Allied defenders. Ben, who is aiding the Nazi invasion with his Hungarians, has written a background fluff piece for his forces and that has given me the idea to do something similar for my U.S. forces.

Dear Mom,

Hope you and Pa and Mary Sue are all well. I sure do miss you all. Thanks for the birthday cake you sent, it was a bit broke up but still tasted real good.

Things ain't going too well here in England right now. Looks like them Nazis is figuring to come pay us a visit. The Leiutentant gave us a briefing on whats going on and I thought he said some hungry'uns was gonna invade. So I asked him why they was a coming here cos the food ain't great and there ain't much of it as it is. Then the Sarge slapped the back of my head and told me they was Hungarians from Hungary and all the guys started laughing at me. I sure felt dumb, guess I should have spent more time in school learning, instead of playing Baseball.

Seems these Hungary fellas are allies of the Nazis. The Lt. says they been fighting Russians so they ain't gonna be no pushovers. But he says we're gonna get some tanks to support us from Division HQ and maybe we'll have air cover from some P-47's, and with that and some other surprises we got we're gonna push 'em back into the sea. I sure do hope so.

I hope you don't think you're boy's no coward Ma, but I sure am scared. Could you ask the Pastor to say a prayer for me and the boys. It's lookin like we're gonna need all the help we can get.

Your loving son,
Cletus

P.S. I'll write you again next Friday

1 comment:

  1. Nice idea Pete. And I will say my hungarian's are hungry, hungry for victories!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...