Wednesday 12 September 2012

Bolt Action Rules On Their Way At Last


Just had an e-mail from Amazon saying that my copy of the Bolt Action rules have been dispatched. Now all I have to do is decide on what scale I'm going to use. I want to use 28mm but the only other player at the club wants to get some use out of all his 20mm stuff. I could still go 28mm but it would mean that I'd have to buy two forces and I'm not sure I want to commit to that amount of expenditure on a game I've yet to actually play.

I could play with Matt's 20mm stuff to see if the game is as good as I expect before I make a decision.  But I've got the urge to get painting. When I have a deadline to aim for I always get more painting done as it focuses my mind and I've been slacking off lately as I have painted troops for the games I usually play.

When the rules arrive I'll do a quick post on my first impressions which will shortly be followed by a couple of batreps as I already have games booked.

4 comments:

  1. If I was you, I'd give it a try out with what ever you have to hand, if thats 20mm so be it... but if you find you do indeed like it, I'd go all out for 28mm... but of course it will depend on what your local player base is going to do, you'd need a consensus on scale... Best of Luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's the sensible thing to do. But my 'ohh! shiny' brain still wants some 28mm stuff.

      Delete
  2. 20mm sounds fine to me, its a lot cheaper too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true since when did wargamers start giving out sensible advice! :-)

      Delete

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...