Tuesday 9 October 2012

Bolt Action: Lucky Find

I wanted to add some armour to my Soviet Bolt Action (BA) force but didn't want to pay £20-£30 for a kit then have to go through the hassle of assembling and painting it. So a comment on the WWPD BA forum about using Corgi 1/50 diecast models got me thinking. After a bit of searching on Google I found that Corgi did a Churchill tank with 5th Guards Division markings which would be perfect.


I had a look on eBay and found they were going for about £25 plus postage. A bit pricey but no assembly or painting. However I did a search on Google shopping in case a retailer had one cheaper, and that's when I got lucky. I found a shop selling one for £11.50. After a quick phone call to check it was definitely in stock I placed my order and it arrived a couple of days later.


I was a bit worried about it being too big at 1/50 but it looks great with my PSC Russians. So that's my 1000pt Soviet force finished. Total cost £35 for the infantry/guns from PSC and £15 for the Churchill. Not bad for a 1000pt force.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - what a great looking tank!

    Did you do the paint job - superb weathering!

    Nice one Ferb.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, that's how it comes straight out of the box.

      Delete

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...