Wednesday 30 January 2013

Bolt Action: Russians

I was going through my photos and I realised I hadn't posted any pictures of my finished 28mm PSC Russians. My oringinal posts on the package deal I bought from PSC can be found here and here and here.

The infantry
You get more infantry than this in the box. I just painted up what I needed. There's a good selection of poses and they paint up well. All the figures were sprayed with Army Painter sand colour and the extra details painted in, they were then given a a coat of the Army Painter 'Strong' shade dip.

A close-up of some of the poses

The two different types of mortar you get.

The anti-tank and artillery options for the guns.

The Maxim and anti-tank rifles.
I was going to add a nice Foundry German force in greatcoats as opponents but I got ripped off by Maelstrom and they never arrived.

If you're interested in Bolt Action I did a quick review which can be found here.

6 comments:

  1. Great looking figures. I bought a box of these and another set of Soviets from Warlord Games. I'm still working on mine but I seem to be overun with hordes of them.

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah the lead and plastic mountain never seems to shrink much. :-)

      Delete
  2. Blimey, that's a lot of Ivans. You've done a fine job painting them. Looking forward to seeing how well they do on the battlefield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Still working out how to get the best out of them but they're fun to play.

      Delete
  3. Very nice paint job. Do you by any chance have the list of colors that you used against the miniature part? Something like Dark Green for helmets, etc? :)
    I'd be very interested in using your images for my site (only with your permission of course) and publishing your blog link next to them of course. Let me know what is your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I sprayed them with Army Painter Sand primer first, used Coat D'arms Russian Green for the helmets and Coat D'arms Flesh, Leather, Black, Chainmail and Linen for the other detail. I then gave them a light dry brush white and a coat of Army Painter 'Strong' shade dip. Finished off with a spray of matt varnish.

      Delete

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...